We all have a crunchy mum friend that would absolutely treasure an ethical gift on her special day. So what are some of the best present ideas out there? We’ve wrapped up 8 of them right here:
Essential oils. One of the most popular eco friendly gifts your crunchy mum won’t stop thanking you for is a set of essential oils. This is because she loves natural remedies and essential oils are the cure to any ailment that she and her children might come up against. Here is a list of the essential oils that she will especially adore:
- Peppermint oil. The perfect cure for stuffy noses.
- Chamomile oil. The key to a restful baby.
- Dill oil. All she needs to settle an upset stomach.
- Teatree oil. The antidote to nappy rash.
- Lavender oil. Here’s one just for her, the natural remedy to ease period pain.
2. Homemade soap. Depending on just how crunchy your mum is, you can either give her some homemade soap as a gift or wrap the ingredients so that she can make her own soap. But what exactly is in homemade soap? Here’s everything you will need to put the kit together:
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Distilled water
- 100% pure lye
- A combination of essential oils
If you don’t want to give separate items as a gift, why not browse Ecowaremarket’s fantastic selection of clean beauty products, like this coconut oil soap scrub or this coconut oil lip balm from House of Lara, or this double cleansing gift box from Naturally Legit.
3. Spices and herbs in bulk. Herbs make superb eco gifts as crunchy mums love hearty homecooked meals. Not only are their meals tasty, but they are also nutritious and packed with all of the spices you need to ward off colds. An immunity-boosting selection of basil, rosemary, thyme, cinnamon, and nutmeg will have her leaping for joy. And if you can source the herbs yourself, well, let’s just say you’ll be best friends for life.
4. Cloth nappies. Here is one of our favourite sustainable baby products. Cloth nappies are ideal as you can wash them and use them again. You can even sew them back together when they get a little ratty.
5. Natural oils. We’ve concentrated a lot so far on gifts that benefit an organic baby. But a crunchy mum needs pampering too. So how about giving her a set of natural oils that she can use for skin and haircare? Here are some she’ll love:
- Olive oil
- Sunflower seed oil
- Coconut oil
- Almond oil
- Grapeseed oil
You could also gift the crunchy mum in your life some natural deodorant.
6. Ingredients for natural cleaning products. A hardcore crunchy mum would never hire a cleaner and would prefer to allow nature to help her cleanse her home. So, another special sustainable gift idea is to prepare a hamper full of natural cleaning ingredients. Fill your hamper with the following:
- Baking soda
8. Small vegetable plants and seeds. Crunchy mums get a thrill from growing things from scratch. If you want to go the extra mile with your gift, collect some potato eyes and pumpkin seeds and give them to her to grow. Otherwise, a small tomato or bell pepper plant will also do the trick.
9. Natural healthy and beauty products. If you’re looking for something that will make her feel like you appreciate her lifestyle choice – something which is natural and wholesome but doesn’t come in parts(!) – then some natural deodorant or non-toxic sanitary products may be just the thing to impress her!
What is a crunchy mum?
A crunchy mum is someone who generally likes to do things the natural way! They tend to stay away from buying mainstream products or doing common mainstream activities and, instead, concentrate on brining natural products into their home for their family. They are focused on a more natural, organic lifestyle, and may prefer things like natural birthing, homeschooling, organic/vegan eating, using natural products, being eco-friendly and making all their food from scratch!